Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A great wine from Argentina

As I mentioned earlier as part of the charter of this blog, I will stay away from technical wine jargon and simply introduce you to excellent buys from around the world with no bias toward any particular grape types!

I came across this Malbec from the Mendoza region of Argentina which is an excellent wine. The wine is medium to full-body with concentrated berries and hint of Bing cherries. The wine has a long finish and really stays on your palate for a while! You can enjoy this wine by itself, or any full body strong cheeses such as dry-aged Parmigiana Regiano (I know the cheese is from Italy). The wine is:

Name: Catena
Vintage: 2005
Region: Mendoza, Argentina
Grape: Malbec

The best part about this wine is its availability. I actually found it at our local Costco for $15!!
You can pair this wine well with hardy dishes as it will stand up to them quite nicely. Enjoy the wine and let me know what you think.

This blog is for your benefit, I certainly would like to hear from you about types and varietals that you like, and I will introduce wines in those areas.

No comments: